Musician extraordinaire…one of the most recorded artists in the history of recording…a member of so many iconic bands it would take pages to list them all…
…And an educator with a brand new masterwork that will resonate across the ages.
I’m not kidding.
For musicians, this is MUST be listening.
For people who love the music even if they don’t know a flatted fifth from a fifth of vodka, this interview will take you deeper into the REALITY of jazz as it’s performed at a high level than anything else I can think of.
1. At The Woodchopper’s Ball…Woody Herman (0:56)
2. It’s A Blue World…Art van Damme (4:43)
3. Contrary Motion…Willie “The Lion” Smith (8:11)
4. They All Laughed…Stacey Kent (11:32)
5. Dipper Mouth Blues…King Oliver (16:17)
6. Little Brown Jug…Glenn Miller (19:19)
7. The Eel…Bud Freeman (23:08)
8. The Days Of Wine And Roses…Monica Mancini (26:59)
9. The Beat…Henry Mancini (31:44)
10. Swinging Shepherd Blues…The Sessionaires (35:13)
11. Twilight Time… (37:59) Fascinating Rhythm…Esther Miller/Johnny Fourie (41:14)
12. I’ll See You In My Dreams…Roy Martin (44:11)
13. I Believe In Miracles…Bev Scott Brown (46:42)
14. Sawends…Daan Barnard (50:06)
15. Clarinet A La King…Benny Goodman (53:53)