April 01, 2020 (a year ago)
April 14, 2021
$18,440.60 of Jazz on the Tube subscription fees redirected to musicians since March 17, 2020
Organizations that have received cash grants of $2,500 or more
• Jazz Educators Network (JazzNet.org)
Organizations that have received cash grants of $1,000 or more
• Escuela Nacional de Música (music education for Cuban youth)
• KoSA’s Cuban Rhythm Summit (Kosamusic.com)
• Bronx Music Heritage Society (Bronx, NY)
• The Roots of Music (music education for New Orleans children)
• Treme Artists Collective (New Orleans)
• Andro de Canta Project (Matanzas, Cuba)
• The Falcon (Marlboro, NY)
Organizations that have received cash grants of $500 or more
• Music on the Inside (New York City)
• Basin Street Records (New Orleans)
• Louisiana Music Factory (New Orleans)
Directory of live-streaming musicians
Click here for the directory
Live-streaming resources for teachers, performers and producers
This page started out as an educational, inspirational, how to, “you can do it” resource.
We’ve moved things around and all those resources are here.
Two big ways fans can help:
1. Please spread the word. The unglamorous reality is that musicians only get paid when they work and it’s a tough business in the best of times. At the moment 100% of their gigs are cancelled. There’s no unemployment insurance or health benefits for the vast majority of working musicians.
2. This most generous, uncomplaining, and positive part of our society needs our help and encouragement now. Under normal circumstances, they’re always at the front of the line when it comes to contributing their services to help others in need.
If you’re lucky enough to be standing on solid ground, open up your wallets and treat these livestreams like front row concert tickets and pay the musicians accordingly.
PLEASE SHARE THIS PAGE WIDELY. We’re the only organized and annotated source of jazz live-streaming info available anywhere right now
An offer to working jazz musicians
Tell us about your live streaming shows and we will list them here for free: Click here for directions.
Cheers to Jon Cleary being so early out of the gate and showing the way (March 17, 2020)
Click here: Jon Cleary – New Orleans
Cheers to Glen David Andrews and his “get it done now any way you can” attitude
Click here: Glen David Andrews
Mad props to the tech and production wizards helping in Seattle at Live at Vito’s
Click here: Live at Vito’s
An offer to jazz musicians
Tell us about your live streaming shows and we will list them here free
– Ken McCarthy
Jazz on the Tube
P.S. Our unique programming is made possible by help from people like you. Learn how you can contribute to our efforts here: Support Jazz on the Tube